Cooking Recipes Using Essential Oils !
Essential oils are popularly used to help a variety of health conditions but essential oils are amazing for many other reasons too! Today I want to mainly focus on how oils add powerful taste additions to all types of foods! Essential oils give your meals those potent flavors that can be hard to achieve with spices and herbs. By using oils you are getting potent flavors, health benefits, and you save money in the long run because you only need tiny amounts of the oils since they can be so strong. There will be special picked out recipes shared below that include gluten free, vegan, and Vegetarian options.
Disclaimer! Please use all essential oils as directed for internal use, be safe when consuming the essential oils that are safe to eat. A few common ones that are unsafe when misused or just not safe to eat are camphor, peppermint, wintergreen, sandalwood, sage, lavender, clove, cinnamon, tea tree, eucalyptus, and bergamot.
Please know that this website contains affiliate links. This means that should you click on certain links, and then subsequently purchase a product. I will receive a small commission. The price is exactly the same for you as it would be without the affiliate link.
Cooking with Essential Oils Tips:
1. Get to know what part of the plant the oil comes from. Citrus oils are pressed from the peel, so they can substitute for the zest but not the juice.
2. Getting the exact amount of drops can be tricky due to viscosity levels of the oils. If using a regular bottle with orifice reducer, place your drops on a spoon; then stir into your mixture to ensure you have the right amount.
3. Putting your cooking oils in dropper bottles allows you to easily control the number of drops used and provides sufficient space to dip a toothpick into the oil when needed.
4. A little goes a long way. Start with only a drop of oil, taste, and repeat until you are satisfied with the flavor Some oils are very strong and the toothpick method stirred into our mixture may be perfect.
5. Use glass or stainless steel mixing bowls. Try to avoid plastic cookware, as the oils can damage certain types of plastic.
6. Keep your oils away from heat and humid conditions
Honey Lime Chicken Tacos
Time: 15-20 minutes active, 3-8 hours inactive
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning
- 4-5 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 drops lime essential oil
- 1 drop cumin essential oil
- Corn or flour tortillas, warmed
1. Stir together honey, lime juice, salsa verde, and taco seasoning. Add a little of the sauce to the slow cook (enough to coat the bottom). Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker and top with the remaining sauce. Cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
2. When the chicken is prepared then shred with two forks. Stir together the chicken, sauce, sour cream, and essential oils. Keep on warm setting until ready to eat.
3. When ready to serve, fill tortillas with chicken and additional toppings. Enjoy !
Lemon Berry Green Smoothie
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 frozen banana
- 3 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup frozen apple juice
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 2 1/2 water
- 1 drop lemon essential oil
Place all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth. If you choose to use fresh fruit instead of frozen fruit then add ice and reduce amount of water. Then serve !
Essential Oil Barbecue Rub
Time: 5 minutes
1. Combine ingredients in glass bowl.
2. To us, rub on desired amount over meat PRIOR to cooking.
- 2 Tbsp Kosher salt or Himalayan sea salt
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 drops cumin essential oil
- 2 drops ginger essential oil
Basil-Infused pasta Primavera
Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 lb farfalle or pasta choice
- 4-6 drops basil essential oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
- Grated Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh basil for topping
1. Boil water for the pasta. Add 4-6 drops of basil essential oil to the water. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute broccoli until it is just tender, about 7 -10 minutes.
3. Combine pasta, broccoli, spinach, and cherry tomatoes in a serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and toss.
4. Squirt the pasta primavera with lemon juice and then top with grated parmesan cheese, and minced fresh basil.
5. Serve !
White Bean and Chicken Chili
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs cubed chicken
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cans white beans, rinsed ad drained
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 5 drops fennel essential oil
- 3 drops oregano essential oil
- 3 drops coriander essential oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of freshly chopped cilantro
1. In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, brown chicken in olive oil for about 8 minutes,
2. Add the onion, and cook until translucent. Add the bell pepper and garlic, and let cook for a few minutes.
3. Mix in dry spices and salt.
4. Add the beans, salsa verde, and chicken stock.
5. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 55-60 minutes or until the chili has thickened. Add the red pepper flakes and essential oils, and simmer for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Ladle the chili into serving bowls. sprinkle with chopped cilantro and a squirt of lemon. you can also ass sour cream or grated cheese.
Essential Oils Kit
Are you looking to get into Essential Oils but don't know where to start? Our family essentials kit from doTERRA is a great starter kit that I recommend to anyone looking to get started using Essential Oils! This kit comes with:
Along with a quick usage guide for each essential oil and blend! Click Here For more information!