AMAZING DESERT RECIPES USING ESSENTIAL OILS
There are SO MANY ways to use essential oils. Whether it be cleaning, cooking, or overall just watching your own health essential oils take the cake! I am positive that there are hundreds of recipes using essential oils and it is so awesome to see! Here are a few deserts that will be fun to make for or with your friends and family. Each different desert will make your mouth water!
Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies
Prep 5 min
Cook 10 min
Serving 24 cookies
2 Ounces Cream Cheese 6 Tablespoons of unsalted butter softened 1/4 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar plus more for rolling the cookies in. 3/4 Cup White Sugar 1 Egg 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla 1/4 Teaspoon Salt 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda 1 3/4 Cup Flour 15 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. 2. Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugars together until smooth. 3. Add the essential oil drops, vanilla and eggs and mix again. 4. In a separate bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients so they can become well incorporated into the dough. 5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. 6. Scoop cookies onto a baking sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes, remove from the oven and dust with powdered sugar.
Note The amount of oil that you use will determine how lemony the cookies are, but remember that the dough will be stronger than the baked cookies.
Healthy Pumpkin Pie
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 27 minutes
1 15-Ounce can pumpkin puree 1 13.5-Ounce can full-fat coconut milk ¼ Cup rolled oats 2 Tablespoons ground flax ½ Cup brown sugar 3 Teaspoons ground cinnamon 1 Drop Cinnamon essential oil 2 Drops Clove essential oil 2 Drops Ginger essential oil ½ Teaspoon salt 1 Egg 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract 1 Par baked pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 400° F 2. Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Pour into a par baked pie crust in a 10-inch round pan. 3. Bake for 27 minutes Note: It will look underdone at this time, don’t worry. Refrigerate at least hours uncovered. Pie will thicken and “set.” Top with fresh whipped cream.
14-ounce can coconut milk or the equivalent in oat milk 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 tablespoons honey 3 tablespoons baking cocoa 3 scoops Slim & Sassy® TrimShake—Chocolate
1. In large bowl, combine all ingredients. 2. Beat until smooth. 3. Pour in popsicle molds and insert popsicle sticks in middle. 4. Place in freezer overnight.
-Perfect for summer!
For a yummy orange creamsicle, omit the cocoa, swap the chocolate TrimShake for either vanilla or orange cream, and add a few drops of Wild Orange oil. Using oat milk will produce a more icy, less creamy fudgesicle.
Strawberry Lemonade Yogurt Bark
1 large container plain Greek yogurt 2 cups freshly cut strawberries 1–2 drops Lemon essential oil
1. Add 1–2 drops Lemon oil to Greek yogurt and stir thoroughly. 2. Spread yogurt onto a pan lined with parchment paper. 3. Cut strawberries into medium sections and place onto yogurt. 4. Freeze for 3–4 hours. 5. Remove bark from pan, peel off parchment paper, and break in pieces. 6. Store remaining pieces in freezer.
- Perfect for Summer!
-Fun Activity for you and your family!
Blackberry Lavender Cream Pies
Prep 25 min
cook 20 min
Lavender's aromatic flavor blends well blackberries, which are naturally floral in taste to begin with. This recipe focuses on that flavor combination, but if you want to add some citrus flavor to this floral dessert (another great combination) try adding a few drops of Lemon oil to the cream filling.
Doubled pie dough recipe of your choosing 1 egg, beaten for wash -Berry Filling 1 pound blackberries ⅓ cup raw sugar (or honey, if preferred) 4 teaspoons lemon juice ¼ cup cold water 2 tablespoons cornstarch -Cream Filling 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature ⅓ cup raw sugar (or honey, if preferred) 1 large egg yolk 2–3 drops Lavender essential oil
1. a saucepan over medium heat, add blackberries, ⅓ cup raw sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer, stirring often to avoid scorching. 2. In a jar or cup, mix together ¼ cup cold water and the cornstarch. As the berry mixture begins to simmer, slowly whisk the cornstarch mixture in. 3. Reduce heat to low. Continue cooking the mixture, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes. The berries should begin to break down, the mixed-in cornstarch turn clear, and the mixture as a whole begin to gel. 4. Using a hand mixer, blend together cream cheese, ⅓ cup raw sugar, and egg yolk in a medium bowl. If using raw sugar, you may need to allow 5–10 minutes for sugar to dissolve, and then stir again. 5. Add two drops of Lavender oil to the cream cheese mixture and stir. Add more to taste. 6. Preheat oven to 400° F. 7. Roll out pie dough and cut with biscuit or cookie cutters in desired shapes. 8. Cut slits in half of the dough slices for a vent. These will be the lids of the hand pies. 9. Spoon equal parts cream cheese and blackberry mixture onto the center of half of the cutout dough. Top with lids and crimp edges with a fork. 10. Brush beaten egg lightly over the tops of the pies. If desired, sprinkle lightly with raw sugar for a rustic look. 11. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until crust starts to golden.
For a dairy-free recipe, omit the cream filling all together, doubling the blackberry half of the recipe and stirring the Lavender oil directly into the berry mixture once it has been removed from the stove top.
Essential Oils Kit
Are you looking to get into Essential Oils but don't know where to start? Our family essentials kit from doTERRA is a great starter kit that I recommend to anyone looking to get started using Essential Oils! This kit comes with:
Along with a quick usage guide for each essential oil and blend! Click Here For more information!